Friday, November 21, 2008

Here we go!

A new blog, yay! Look at it all blank there, just waiting for me to fill it up with my weird and twisted thoughts, lol. I like to blog, it helps me keep my thoughts from getting confused, kinda like the pensieve in Harry Potter. It's my sanity saver.

I guess I'll start with why I chose to title it Just Outside of Ordinary. Because I feel that's exactly what my life is. It's not extraordinary, but it's not just ordinary either. It's different, thanks to my kids and my husband.

First of all, my kids are unique. I guess all parents feel that way. My 8yo son has down syndrome and is the funniest, stubbornest kid you've ever met! My 7yo son has high-functioning autism and can be the neatest, most frustrating child. My 3mo daughter is a girl, nuff said, lol!

My husband is truly amazing. His ability to put up with sheer crap between his boss, me and the kids is just beyond understanding. He puts up with a lot, but he's still here and he's still pushing through. He works well over 60 hours/week and on top of that he's started back in to his ministry studies. He feels his calling is to be a youth pastor. Well, he's getting some practice as his job entails working with mostly teenagers. Infinite patience, that is the key I believe. With God's blessing, I will go from being a pizza wife to being a pastor's wife. He's also a very talented musician who has a passion for customizing guitars. He likes to tinker with his guitars as much as he likes to play them.

I love them all and despite all the challenges my family faces, I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is my life, I chose it and I've never regretted my decision. God led me down this road and I can't wait to see what's around the bend.

No comments: