Friday, November 12, 2010

Something I hadn't expected

It's funny how much impact the little changes in life can make. While on our trip to California, I picked up a book that I had been researching for while in the hopes of working to be a better wife. I'll save more for another post for another category, but the short of it is that while I don't entirely agree with the author's beliefs, I have gleaned some important nugets of wisdom from her writing and noticed a major difference. Josh and I are getting along much better, the kids seem to be calmer and get along better and I don't feel nearly as much stress and anxiety that I had before.

In addition, I have taken some small steps in a sincere effort to get back on the weight loss journey. I have really cut out the heavy sweets and junk food, made myself stop eating past 9pm (except the odd occasions where it hasn't been possible to eat an earlier), really paying attention to what I'm eating and cutting back my portions. The result is that I have lost a couple pounds in a couple weeks and even went on the trip to California and came home without gaining a single pound. That alone is impressive to me. I have never managed to go on a trip without gaining weight. Very cool. :)

The funny thing is that I had made some of these changes without really realizing I had done them. Two things I atribute to this: one is that on the trip I had to spend a lot of time with company and I am a very timid eater in public, I worry a lot about what people think while I'm eating; two is the aforementioned book that I started reading on the trip. A happier marriage means a happier mommy means happier kids means happier mommy means happier woman means less emotional eating as there's less emotional upheavel to contend with. All that to say, if I am less stressed, I eat less and feel much better. I can see a difference in my face and my clothes are just loose enough to notice.

Now if I can just get my rear in gear and start exercising, imagine what the results just might be? LOL! My goal is to lose at least another 10-15 lbs by the end of the year. I do believe I can do it this year.

No comments: